Arunachal Pradesh is one of the twenty-nine states of India. Located in northeast India, it holds the most north-eastern position among the states in the north-east region of India.
Day 1: Guwahati – Bhalukpong (250 Kms 5 Hrs Approx.)
Transfer from Guwahati airport/station to Bhalukpong .Bhalukpung is a small town located along the southern reaches of the Himalayas in West Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh in India.Fish angling and river rafting are the principal tourist activities in Bhalukpung. Tourist attractions in Bhalukpung include the Pakhui Game Sanctuary and Tipi Orchidariurm, which hosts over 2600 cultivated orchids from 80 different species.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 2: Bhalukpung – Dirang (160 Kms 4-5 Hrs Approx.)
After breakfast visit to the Tipi Orchidariurm in Bhalukpung and continue drive to Dirang.Dirang is an almost picture-perfect Tibetan – Monpa stone village marred only by the main road. Above the picturesque stone houses rises a steep rocky hill topped with Old Dirangs Gompa and several walls.
Overnight at Dirang.
Day 3: Dirang – Tawang (150 Kms 5 Hrs Approx)
After breakfast drive to Tawang.En-route witness the snowcapped Sella Pass at 14000 ft and the Jaswant Garh War Memorial. (Legend has it that Jaswant (Mahavir Chakra Awardee (Posthumous) of 4th Batallion Garhwal Rifles), fought a lone battle against the invading Chinese during the 1962 war. His spirit is still believed to protect the place).Tawang is situated at an altitude of 3500m. The natural beauty and solitude of Gudpi and Chong-Chugmi ranges, Tawang chu River and Tawang Valley are mesmerizing. The inhabitants of the districts are all of Monpa tribes except Shyo village which is dominated by people of Tibetan Origin.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 4: Tawang
Breakfast at the hotel.Proceed for sightseeing of 400 years (17th century) old Tawang Monastery which is the second largest monastery in the world after Potala Palace in Tibet. The building is about 113 feet long and 80 feet wide and houses valuable antiquities, books and manuscripts-handwritten and printed. Later visit Tawang War Memorial, a 40 foot high multi-hued memorial, has a structure constructed in stupa design. Dedicated to the martyrs of Sino-Indo War held in 1962, this memorial is nestled among beautiful peaks, which overlooks the Tawang-Chu valley.Rest of the day free to stroll round the streets of the town.
Overnight in Tawang.
Day 5: Tawang – Bomdila (180 Kms 6 Hrs Approx.)
Breakfast at the hotel and drive to Bomdila.Bomdila is the headquarters of West Kameng district located at the height of 8500 ft above the sea level. It has a lot of attractions for the tourists with its cool climate, Apple orchards, artistic people, snow-capped Himalayan peaks and Buddhist Gompas. The Buddhist monastery of Bomdila is the repository of culture.Explore the town in the afternoon on your own.
Overnight at the hotel.
Day 6: Bomdila – Tezpur (160 Kms 4 Hrs Approx.)
After breakfast drive from Bomdila to Tezpur.Little more than a utilitarian stopover for travellers journeying into Arunachal Pradesh or Upper Assam, Tezpur is a charming town with some beautifully kept parks, attractive lakes and enchanting views of the mighty Brahmaputra River as it laps the town’s edge.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 7: Tezpur – Guwahati Airport/Station (190 Kms 3.5 Hrs Approx.)
After breakfast drive from Tezpur to Guwahati for onward journey.
Destinations & Hotels
- Bhalukpong – Prashanti Cottage/Similar
- Dirang – Awoo Resort/Similar
- Tawang – Gyaki Khang Zhang/Similar
- Bomdila – Lungta Residency/Similar
- Tezpur – Hotel Centre Point/Similar
*per adult on twin sharing basis
Inclusion & Exclusion
- Accommodation at the selected or similar hotels.
- Daily Breakfast
- Transfers & sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary in Non A.C. Car as per itinerary only
- Inner line permit required to visit Arunachal Pradesh.
- Round Trip Airfare/Train Fare
- Optional tours unless mentioned otherwise.
- Any increase in the airfare or taxes charged by the airlines. Airline surcharge during high season if levied by the operating airline used in the itinerary.
- Porter charges at hotels, airports and seaports, laundry, meals, drinks, mineral water on flight, telephone charges, all items of personal nature, food and drinks not forming part of the group menus.
- Tips to driver & guide.
- Anything not mentioned in ‘Cost Includes’
- Any Entry Fees
- Any Water Sports or Adventure activity
- Any expense incurred or loss caused by reasons beyond our control such as bad weather, medical emergencies, natural calamities (landslides, floods), flight delays, rescheduling, cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots/strikes/war.
- Service Tax 9%