Northeast India is the eastern-most region of India. It comprises of the contiguous Seven Sister States, and the Himalayan state of Sikkim.
Day 01: Arrive Guwahati – Shillong (110 Kms 3 Hrs Approx.)
Transfer from Guwahati airport/railway station to Shillong. En-route visit Umium Lake Shillong became the first capital of the State of Meghalaya. Located in undulating pine covered hills, the city has a milder climate than tropical India. The city centre is 1496m above sea level and currently has a population of around 270,000. Home to several waterfalls, it is also known as the Scotland of the East. The British legacy is still visible in the architecture and food habits of the population. Overnight at Shillong.
Day 02: Shillong
Breakfast at the hotel and proceed for full day sightseeing of Shillong.Shillong – The ‘Gleneagle of the East’ lies in the centre of a plateau surrounded by Khasi hills. The gorgeous city offers amazing tourist spots. The city’s own Ward’s Lake is popular for short garden walks & boating. The Botanical Garden offers plethora of indigenous and exotic plants & rare collection of orchids. Lady Hydari Park is a Japanese style landscaped park endowed with streaches of roses & exquisite flowers. The Mini zoo adjacent to the park has about 73 birds, 140 reptiles & mammals. One of the largest Golf courses in Asia is an 18 hole Golf Course is charted amidst a surging valley full of thick pine groves & rhododendron trees. Spend the evening in the splendid arena ! The State Museum is a display of the lifestyle and heritage of the people of Meghalaya. Shillong and its surrounding is dotted with splendid waterfalls cascading down deep valleys forming misty sparks as they break the silence of the surroundings. Elephant Falls is a mountain stream gorging down two successive falls set in dells of fern covered rocks. Shillong Peak offers a birds eye view of the entire city and valley.Overnight at hotel in Shillong.
Day 03: Shillong – Cherrapunjee (60 Kms 2 Hrs)
Breakfast at the hotel and drive to Cherrapunjee.Cherrapunji is one of the wettest places on the planet and the only place in India to receive rain throughout the year. The town of Cherrapunji is nestled in the East Khasi Hills about 50 km southwest of the state’s capital, Shillong. Cherrapunji, also known as Sohra or Churra, means ‘the land of oranges’. The cliffs of Cherrapunji also offer stunning views of the plains of Bangladesh.
Visit to Seven Sister Falls, Nahkhalikai Falls, Mwasmai Cave, Koh Ram Hoh , eco – park.
Overnight at Cherrapunjee.
Day 04: Cherrapunjee – Guwahati (150 Kms 4 Hrs Approx.)
After breakfast drive from Cherrapunjee to Guwahati.Afternoon visit Kamakhya temple – The temple is dedicated to goddess Kamakhya an incarnation of Sati. It is on Nilachal hill, says the Shiva Purana, that the yoni or creative organ of Sati fell when Vishnu, in a bid to save the world from the Shiva’s tandava nrittya or dance of destruction, cut her dead body into 51 pieces with his suddarshan chakra.Overnight at Guwahati.
Day 05: Depart Guwahati
After breakfast transfer to airport/Railway Station for return journey
Destinations & Hotels
- Shillong – Lake View Inn/Similar
- Cherrapunjee – Café Cherrapunjee/Similar
- Guwahati – Rialto/Similar
*per adult on twin sharing basis
Inclusion & Exclusion
- Accommodation at the selected or similar hotels.
- Daily Breakfast
- Transfers & sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary in A.C. Car as per itinerary only
- Round Trip Airfare/Train Fare
- Optional tours unless mentioned otherwise.
- Any increase in the airfare or taxes charged by the airlines. Airline surcharge during high season if levied by the operating airline used in the itinerary.
- Porter charges at hotels, airports and seaports, laundry, meals, drinks, mineral water on flight, telephone charges, all items of personal nature, food and drinks not forming part of the group menus.
- Tips to driver & guide.
- Anything not mentioned in ‘Cost Includes’
- Any Entry Fees
- Any Water Sports or Adventure activity
- Any expense incurred or loss caused by reasons beyond our control such as bad weather, medical emergencies, natural calamities (landslides, floods), flight delays, rescheduling, cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots/strikes/war.
- Service Tax 9%